The Helensville A&P Show Spring Craft Day – Saturday, September 12th – is a friendly, mini-competition aimed at helping keep our entrants interested and involved with the show during the off-season. It’s a devel0pment of our previous Winter Series of competitions, which could not be held this year because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Entries cost $3 each, and should be dropped off and entered at the showgrounds hall between 10am and 10.45am on the day of the competition.
- There are classes for Adults and Children aged 15 years and under.
- Entries will be judged at 11am, and entrants are welcome to stay for morning tea while judging is underway.
- Results and viewing of entries will be at approximately 11.30am, and entrants should collect their entries by midday.
- Prize money is awarded in each class, as follows – Adults: First Place – $15.00; Second Place – $10.00; Third Place – $5.00. Children: First Place – $10.00; Second Place – $5.00
- For more information phone Julie on 09 420 7941 or Shona on 021 0222 3044.
The 2020 Competition Classes
- Something Lemony
- Your Lockdown Loaf (of bread)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Cupcake Decorated as a Flower
- Floral Art with Wood (no size restriction)
- Decoration in a Jug (any size)
- Your Floral Lockdown Specialty
- Floral Decoration with your Favourite Toy
- Jam Jar of Garden Flowers
KNITTING & CROCHET
- Knitted Shawl
- Crocheted Blanket
- Your Best Lockdown Item (either knitted or crochet)
- Art & Craft Sheep (from any combination of materials.